* General wisdom for planting seed
- the depth you plant a seed is about two times the length of the seed.
- always plant in fertile, well drained soil. remember that soil fertility needs to be renewed each year...we do this by adding a layer of compost to each bed.
- know the temperature of your soil...some seeds like it hot, some seeds like it cold, and some seeds like it just right.
- keep the soil moist as the seed germinates and the seedling establishes roots and leaves.
- some plants like to be directly sown into the soil and some do better as transplants...try each to see which works best for your garden culture with that seed.
- finally as my friend Matthew Dillon says "There are three important rules for growing: #1 Observe. #2 Observe #3 Observe."